|Day||Practice time||Class type|
|Monday||18:30 – 20:00||Beginners|
|Tuesday||19:30 – 21:00||*Please enquire before attending|
|Thursday||18:30 – 20:00||Mixed|
|Saturday||10:00 – 11:30||Basics|
*In October and November, all classes are suitable for and open to beginners.
How much does it cost?
The Oxford University Aikido Club
- Membership is restricted to student members of the University of Oxford.
- Membership fee: £10 per term.
- British Aikido Federation: £25 per year.
- Students are required to become members of the British Aikido Federation (B.A.F.), which provides the personal accident and public liability insurance that is obligatory in all martial arts.
The Oxford City Aikido Club
- Membership is open to anyone 18 years old or over.
- Monthly practice fees: £20 (£12 for those of student and unwaged status).
- unrestricted practice for members of The Oxford City Aikido Club.
- British Aikido Federation: £35 per year (or £25 for those of student status)
- Obligatory annual membership for the British Aikido Federation which provides the personal accident and public liability insurance that is obligatory in all martial arts.
- Introductory offer: two weeks training at no cost. Afterwards full membership is required to carry on training.
What if I can’t make the Beginners’ Class?
In October and November, all classes are suitable for and open to beginners!
The rest of the year, as Aikido is not at all competitive, beginners can easily be assimilated into the ‘mixed’ and ‘basics’ classes. You’ll find the more senior students very considerate and helpful (that’s all part of Aikido!). We suggest that before attending a mixed class, you first attend a beginners or basics class or watch any class, to see what is involved.
What do you wear for Aikido practice?
We normally wear a white judo or karate suit. To start with, you can wear any loose-fitting clothing, like a track-suit with long trousers. No jeans or jewelry, please!